On Praising God

Praise & Worship

Psalm 9:1-I will praise You O Lord with my whole heart; I will show forth (recount and tell aloud) all your marvelous works and and wonderful deeds.-(AMP Bible)
Psalms Chapter 9 is a praise for victory over the enemies of King David.  He started it with "I Will Praise You, O Lord, with all my heart", it means David praises God wholeheartedly, which is the only way to praise and worship God, in Spirit and in truth (John 4:24). As a Worship Leader, this is one of the things I learned from David, he praised God in all sincerity. And this should be the core characteristics of a worshipper of God, not only in times of victory but at all times in all sincerity with our whole heart because He will never forsake all those who seek Him. In this chapter we can see two attributes of God; Protector and Vindicator
Psalm 9:10  And they who know Your name [who have experience and acquaintance with Your mercy] will lean on and confidently put their trust in You, for You, Lord, have not forsaken those who seek (inquire of and for) You [on the authority of God’s Word and the right of their necessity].-(AMP Bible)
The last time, I shared about me having spirit of heaviness because of a slander and gossip against my other-half. It was a hurting experience that I could only flee to God as my strength, knowing Him as the God of comfort, I can only rest upon that promise. As He is my vindicator, the one who clears us from injustices and false accusations from others, I need not hate nor don self-pity. There's always a reason for me to praise Him in this kind of situations, for He sees and remember all the good we do and with that I am comforted and at peace.
Psalm 9:3-4  When my enemies turned back, they stumbled and perished before You.4  For You have maintained my right and my cause; You sat on the throne judging righteously.-(AMP Bible)
QUOTE: Those who know him to be a God of truth and faithfulness, will rejoice in his word of promise, and rest upon that. Those who know him to be an everlasting Father, will trust him with their souls as their main care, and trust in him at all times, even to the end; and by constant care seek to approve themselves to him in the whole course of their lives. Who is there that would not seek him, who never hath forsaken those that seek Him?-Matthew Henry
Psalm 9: 2  I will rejoice in You and be in high spirits; I will sing praise to Your name, O Most High!