Scripture & a Snapshot~ Ecclesiastes 3:11

"If time could be our servant, 
Our days would be sublime; 
But if we fail to master it, 
We're only serving time"-Hess

CONTEMPLATING
The book of Ecclesiastes chapter 3 started with a verse that says "for everything there is a season"; a perfect timing for everything that we wanted to do, to have, to accomplish and the likes. I was actually lying on my bed when I was reading this chapter of Ecclesiastes. I asked God what exactly these passages mean because at first I was really confused. I think there is something not right with some of the verses. So I close my eyes while listening to the song “No Eye Has Seen” and In His Time. As I continue to contemplate on this verse, I remember my younger days. The time when I do all things my way and deciding on things base on what I feel is right, leaving God in the passenger's seat of my heart. I remember that when I do things my way, it ends with heartaches and failures. I could say that I also experienced pleasures but not the contentment or satisfaction that all of us is longing for. God impressed to me something that is really simple about this chapter. Now I came to realize why I end up crying and miserable with all the decisions I made before without His approval; it’s because of my impatience, hard-headedness and selfishness. As it is stated in Jeremiah 29:11:
For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

Every bit of my decisions before could have been sweeter and lovelier if I waited patiently and made Jesus the driver of my life.
"In His time, In His time
He makes all things beautiful in His time
Lord, please show me everyday
As you're teaching me your way
And I'll do just what you say
In Your time"
Prayer:  Lord God, thank You, for you have opened my eyes from the reality of my impatience and self-centeredness. I’m more than blessed of knowing You; changed my life from lifting me from the miry clay, where I used to be. Now life is more beautiful as I see it before. I am at peace even in the middle of conflicts because You are my comforter. Help me remember always Lord, that as I go through this journey called life, nothing is intended for contentment because everything in this world is but temporary. Thank you for putting in my heart that I am an eternal creation intended only to be satisfied by You. In Jesus mighty name-Amen